Toyota launched the new seventh generation Camry at an introductory price of Rs 23.80 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi), Toyota’s luxury saloon that will be assembled in Toyota’s Bangalore facility.
The new Camry is built on the same platform as the previous one with a fairly straight design with lot of chrome for the new front grille, chrome on the door handles and around the fog lamps and similar metallic treatment on the rear styling of this new generation Camry.
The feature list:
- Chrome Radiator Grille
- Automatic HID Headlamps with Auto Leveling & Washer
- 10-Spoke 16″ Alloy Wheels
- Body Coloured Outside Rear View Mirror with Electric Adjust & Retract, Hydrocolloid, Wide View and SideTurn Indicator
- Chrome Door Handles
- Chrome Rear Garnish
- Rear Combination Lamp with LED Brake Light
- Optitron Combimeter
- 2DIN Touch-screen DVD Display Audio with AM/FM, CD, MP3, USB, Aux-in and Bluetooth Connectivity + Car Information System
- In-built Mic & Amplifier
- Leather trim on Cowl & Dashboard with real stitching
- Centre Console Box with Sliding Leather Armrest
- Leather Seats
- 8-way Power Adjust Driver and passenger Seat with Lumber Support
- 4-spoke Leather, Silver & Wood-finish steering wheel
Comfort and Convenience:
- Smart Entry System with Start/Stop Button
- Smart Entry System with Start/Stop Button with rear AC vents
- Cross-button shaped Audio, MID and Telephone Control Switches on Steering Wheel
- Rain Sensing Wipers
Safety and Security:
- Front Driver & Passenger SRS Airbags
- ABS with EBD and BA
- Impact Sensing Fuel Cut-off
- Speed Sensing Door Auto-lock
- Front 3-point ELR Seatbelt with Pre-tensioner & Force-limiter
- Smart Key Remind Warning
The new Camry is powered by a 2.5-litre petrol Dual VVT-i engine mated to a six-speed automatic with sequential shift that delivers 181PS @ 6,000rpm and 233Nm @ 4,100rpm.
The Camry will follow the CKD strategy operations and hence Toyota customers are finally able to see a competitively priced product when compared to its rivals like Skoda Superb, Honda Accord and the Nissan Teana. A diesel engine is a major miss by Toyota which expect to see one in the near future.